Healthy Weight Loss

We want to focus on healthy weight loss in this contest. Please do not resort to things like diet pills, laxatives, dehydration, starvation or other extreme measures.

Healthy weight loss is 1% of body weight per week, a little higher in the beginning. So for most people that is about 1 to 2 pounds per week. Losing anything higher than this will make it difficult to keep off, so please don't be discouraged by losing "only" 1 or 2 pounds per week, because that is a safe amount to lose that you will be able to keep off.

Here is a funny example of what NOT to do. Season 5 of The Office started with the gang in a weight loss competition. Whichever field office lost the most weight would get 3 extra vacation days. Here are some quotes, that while funny, are not healthy.

Oscar: "All I've eaten today is a chicken breast and a case of diet coke"
Andy: "I have eaten since noon on Friday".

Kelly: (sweating and noticeably irritable) I'm on the third day of my cleanse diet. All I have to do is drink maple syrup, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and water for all 3 meals. I just bought 2 bikinis online.... I look amazing" (uttered with a distressed voice).

Kelly: I swallowed a tapeworm last night. It's going to grow to 3 feet inside me and eat all my food so I don't get fat. Then after 3 months I take some medicine and I pass it. I think it's from Mexico... Creed sold it to me.
Creed: That was no tapeworm.

Michael: I can't do this by myself people! Kelly and I are the only ones who have passed out or almost passed out.

Dwight: Here's what I'm going to do - I'm going to randomly select 3 people for liposuction. Let's see... Stanley, Phyllis and Kevin.

Phyllis: Are you insane!!! There was no client! Dwight drove me to an abandoned warehouse 5 miles away and pushed me out of the car.... I had to walk home with no purse and no money.
Dwight: And you burned a thousand calories!

0 comments:

Post a Comment